Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Peaches & Cream Pie

Johnson County, Arkansas has the best peaches in the world (in my humble opinion...)
So, we made the drive to get a car full last week!

I made a pie based on my sweet mother-in-law's crustless pie recipe, but 
changed it a bit to accomodate a crust (which I love) and extra peaches (which I needed to use)
and I also wanted it to be a bit creamy, similar to a peach pie I like to make.

Here is what I came up with...


Peaches & Cream Pie

6-8 peaches (more or less is ok)
1 cup sugar 
1/2 cup flour 
3 large eggs, beaten
3 Tablespoons of butter
3 Tablespoons of Cream Cheese
1 teaspoon of vanilla
Pie crust (homemade or store bought)

  • Roll out pie crust and place in pie tin. 
  • With mixer beat butter and cream cheese til softened. 
  • Add sugar to mixing bowl and beat til incorporated.
  • Add eggs, flour, and vanilla. 
  • In pie crust place sliced and peeled peaches in rows.  I like to take one peach and spread it out on one 1/8 section of the pie and keep going until I get a nice look.  
  • Slowly pour mixture over peaches in pie crust to fill crust.  
  • Bake at 375 or 400 until set and crust is a nice golden brown.  Should not be "jiggly" when cooked. 
  • Cool and serve! 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin