Johnson County, Arkansas has the best peaches in the world (in my humble opinion...)
So, we made the drive to get a car full last week!
I made a pie based on my sweet mother-in-law's crustless pie recipe, but
changed it a bit to accomodate a crust (which I love) and extra peaches (which I needed to use)
and I also wanted it to be a bit creamy, similar to a peach pie I like to make.
Here is what I came up with...
Peaches & Cream Pie
6-8 peaches (more or less is ok)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
3 large eggs, beaten
3 Tablespoons of butter
3 Tablespoons of Cream Cheese
1 teaspoon of vanilla
Pie crust (homemade or store bought)
- Roll out pie crust and place in pie tin.
- With mixer beat butter and cream cheese til softened.
- Add sugar to mixing bowl and beat til incorporated.
- Add eggs, flour, and vanilla.
- In pie crust place sliced and peeled peaches in rows. I like to take one peach and spread it out on one 1/8 section of the pie and keep going until I get a nice look.
- Slowly pour mixture over peaches in pie crust to fill crust.
- Bake at 375 or 400 until set and crust is a nice golden brown. Should not be "jiggly" when cooked.
- Cool and serve!