Wednesday, August 14, 2013

On Oatmeal Cookies

The weather is beautiful here today 
and it made me feel
sunshiny and happy
Like an
Oatmeal Cookie. 

So I made some! 

Sunshine Oatmeal Cookies

Preheat oven to 375. 

Mix:
1/2 cup of salted butter (softened at room temperature)
1/4  cup of brown sugar
1/2  cup of granulated sugar (I use unbleached)
When light and fluffy add:
1 egg yolk
1 Tablespoon of local honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup unbleached flour
1 cup rolled or old fashioned oats
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
ground cinnamon (I like it so used about 1 teaspoon but you can use less if you want)
1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
*You can also add raisins, nuts, or chocolate chips at this point!

Divide dough into balls and drop onto ungreased cookie sheets.  Bake about 10 minutes or until golden brown and slightly firm. 
I cooled on a wire rack.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin