Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Ready for Rigatoni?

Emily Making Rigatoni with Our New Pasta Machine!

Raw Rigatoni!

Ready for Sauce! 
Homemade Pasta
This is supposed to make 6 servings, but I tripled it for my family and ended up with leftovers.  
I could have doubled it and we'd have been fine. 

1 lb. (16 oz) of flour
4 eggs

Put flour in bowl and make a well.
Add eggs to well and with a fork mix and stir as much as possible.  
Using hands mix and knead dough until smooth and pliable.  Dough should NOT be sticky.  If it is too dry add a bit of water.  If it's too wet add more flour.  Again, you don't want it sticky or it will be a pain to work with (especially if you are using a pasta machine.)  I'd gotten this one at Williams & Sonoma today with a gift certificate I'd gotten awhile back.  It was down to $20 from $80 and makes 
Rigatoni, 2 sizes of macaroni, Fusilli, and Bucatini (hollow spaghetti type pasta!) 
It worked great.  I have a normal pasta maker I use mainly for making fondant bows for wedding cakes, that we also use for fettucinni and making pasta for ravioli or lasagna.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin