Monday, February 1, 2010

Natural Deodorant Recipe

I just found this recipe for Natural Deodorant on this site
I am so excited to try it as I know it will save bundles and I will know what's in it!

You use your own empty stick deodorant containers (washed out.)  I found a site once where you can order these new, but can't find it now.  If you know of it please let me know!

Natural Deodorant

1/4 cup corn starch
1/4 cup baking soda
10 drops essential oil(they recommend tea tree or lavender)
Mix it all together(takes about 2 seconds)
you can use it just like that-dust it on as a powder
OR if you want to put it in a stick form you add
2-3 tbs coconut oil
you find it in the baking aisle by the shortening (also good as a skin cream and lip balm)
Once you have it all mixed up you pack it into an old, empty stick deoderant container.
Let "cure" about 24 hours for it to hold together properly when you apply it.

*Another recipe is HERE.  (They say to use 1 part baking soda to 6 parts corn starch.)

2 comments:

MrsMonicaLB said...

sounds interesting

Panamamama said...

This recipe worked GREAT! I used Bergamot essential oil for both mine and hubby's and it was a very nice light, unisex smell. Stood the test for both of us!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin