Friday, August 7, 2009

Chili for what ails ya

(I really need to find my camera! My cell phone doesn't take the best pics.)


ground turkey 1 1/2 lbs or so (you could use another meat or sub more beans for this if you wanted)
1 onion (chopped finely)
3 or 4 cloves of garlic (chopped)
Olive Oil
Chili powder (I used Penzey's Chili 3000) add as much as you'd like
1 can of Bush's Chili Starter
1 can of Bush's Chili Beans (or any beans)
1 bottle of Corona beer
1 28 oz can of Muir Glen diced tomatoes
about 1/2 cup of Herdez Salsa Taquera

Brown onions in olive oil in large pot. Add garlic and meat and brown with spices.
Add chili beans, starter, tomatoes, beer, salsa, and cook til it's done!

Best served with homemade cornbread, hot from the oven! (Fritos will do in a pinch though!)
I like mine with cheese and a dollop of sour cream on top.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin