- Spring Mix of lettuces and arugula (whatever greens you have)
- Goat cheese, queso fresco, or feta (I'm using chevre)
- Some pickled beets (The recipe I found online used roasted beets, but I don't have any so I used the pickled.)
- Slivered almonds (roast til light golden brown)
- Section or slice an orange (or tangerine, or clementine...)
- chopped green onions or sliced red onion
- Juice of one orange
- Juice of two lemons
- 2 Tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil (more or less)
- Salt and pepper
- fresh parsley
I tossed the greens and almonds with some dressing (yes, I used too much- will know better next time.) Then I finished it with the beets, cheese, and oranges.
It was almost exactly like the restaurant! (Much cheaper!)
Salad with Yummy Cornbread Hits the Spot on a Spring Night!